Re: GNOME plans (--> mail clients)

I would suggest that while GNOME seems to have a lot of effort directed
towards the development of good mail client, it's awfully unfocused --
on the app list there are something like **five** different GNOME mail
clients. gnome-mailer was an attempt to address this but doesn't have a
whole lot of momentum. I'm not much of a hacker, but could we make it a
goal to at least start organizing these different mailers into one with
some basic form of functionality? I realize I don't have much authority
telling some amazing hackers what to do, but I haven't seen much
organization towards this goal... thanks for reading this dense
paragraph:-)

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:49:47 Elliot Lee wrote:
[...]
> 	Involves:
> 		. gnome-libs
> 		. gnome-core
> 		. gnome-media
> 		. gnome-utils
> 		. mc
> 		. control-center
> 		. gnome-games
> 		. gnome-http
> 		. libgtop
> 		. I've probably missed a package or two.
[...]
Peter Williams peter@newton.cx