Re: GNOME plans (--> mail clients)

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 02:38:27PM -0300, Augusto Cesar Radtke wrote:
> > On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, James Green wrote:
> >
> > > Yep. In that department, OutLook isn't bad. MS has always been very good
> > > at UI design imho.
> >
> > No M$ please, I'm thinking in a Eudora like look and feel. :)
> >

> Why not use skins for the proposed mailer, so folks that like outlook can
> have it look like outlook, folks that like eudora can have it look like
> eudora, and folks that like mutt/elm/pine/whatever can hve it look that
> way too...
>
> Perhaps some creative theft from xmms (which allows skins and is GPL'ed)
> could speed things up...
>
>  -Erik

Well, creative theft is not a Good Thing in this case, because this will
make the GNOME Mailer look like nothing else in GNOME. All that is
"needed" is a method to relayout the widgets, and even that, IMO is a
bit of a useless feature (despite what the Mozilla people will tell
you).

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill