gnome-libs proposed change

Hi,

This is premature because gnome-libs is frozen, but I want to get it
out there so I won't forget.

When gnome-libs unfreezes, I propose the following:

void
gnome_set_app_prefixes (const char* prefix,
                        const char* datadir,
                        const char* libdir,
                        const char* sysconfdir);

This can be called prior to gnome_init(); some arguments can be NULL.
The Gnome functions that locate resources such as help files and pixmaps
will prepend the relevant prefix to their search path. Then apps can be
installed in a different prefix from Gnome and still behave properly.

Not a big change, but very useful IMHO.

Havoc