Re: Still problems with Gnome(CVS)

Steve Homer wrote:

> I enclose a sample of the output I get when trying to access CVS from a NT
> box. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? It happens
> consistently.
>
> cvs server: Updating gnome-libs/idl
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
> `/cvs/gnome/gnome-libs/idl': Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> `/cvs/gnome/gnome-libs/idl'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

I believe this is caused by one of the anon CVS servers in the
round-robin.  It's kind of like russian roulette.  If you get an
error like this, try again and you might get through.  If you
keep getting this same error in the same place over and over,
then I don't know what to tell you.  However, I do get this error
from time to time on a Linux box...

John