gnome_canvas_item_rotate

Hi,

I am designing a program to arrange/typeset Egyptian hieroglyphs.  I use the
GNOME canvas (great piece of work, BTW, it really makes a lot of things
easier).  Each glyph is represented by a canvas text item.  One of the things
the program needs to be able to do is flip and rotate the glyphs in 90-degree
intervals.  Looking through gnome-canvas.h, I see the following function:
(GNOME-libs 1.0.10 compiled from tarball on RH 5.1)

/* Rotate an item about a point by the specified number of degrees */
void gnome_canvas_item_rotate (GnomeCanvasItem *item, double x, double y, double angle);

yet, when I try to use it, I get the following error:

gcc `gnome-config --libs glib gtk gnome gnomeui libart` main.o glyph.o line.o -o hiero
glyph.o: In function `glyph_rotate_cb':
glyph.o(.text+0x164): undefined reference to `gnome_canvas_item_rotate'
glyph.o(.text+0x17c): undefined reference to `gnome_canvas_item_rotate'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1

sure enough, "nm libgnomeui.so | grep canvas_item" yields no
gnome_canvas_item_rotate.  What happened to this function? Did it disappear?
If it did, why is it still in the header file? Is there another way to rotate
an object? I don't understand the affine transforms -- if someone could
explain them to me I'd be very grateful.

Profuse apologies if this is a RTFM question. (I did look in the devel-docs
and at developer.gnome.org)

Thanks, and keep up the great work on GNOME,
Tim

Tim Gades - tim16@polbox.com
nai eru maruva imbe tye ar naice ilye
cumne nooressen yassen tye mauyina vantien.

Dowiesz sie wszystkiego na temat skutecznej antykoncepcji odwiedzajac
http://www.antykoncepcja.com.pl  ZAPRASZAMY!!