Re: Gnome developer questions

Try typing gnome-config --help.  Gnome-config can do a lot more than
gtk-config.  It can print out the CFLAGS and LIBS for any of the libraries
in gnome-libs, and print combinations.  You probably want:
  gnome-config --libs gnomeui
  gnome-config --cflags gnomeui

Using gnome-config like this, you should be able to write makefiles as
simply as the ones you were using for your gtk program.

Also, you shouldn't need to be compiling from within the gnome source
tree.  I have compiled many applications from outside my CVS checkout tree
without problems.

However, there are some parts of gnome that assume that you are installing
the application into the gnome install prefix.  If you find instances of
this, which bother you, please post your problems to the list (patches are
also welcome :)

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au