Re: Problem building mc on SuSE 6.2

   Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:59:18 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Norbert Warmuth <nwarmuth@privat.circular.de>
   cc: rlk@alum.mit.edu, gnome-devel-list@gnome.org

   [stropts.h not found on SuSE 6.2/glibc 2.1]
   On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
   > No, actually the fix would be to autoconf for stropts.h and if so, use
   > the I_PUSH variant.
   >
   > Can you submit a fix?

   HAVE_STROPTS wouldn't be wrong but I think Robert has a problem with his
   installation. Both glib 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 include stropts.h.

I found it in the .spm (I have 2.1.1).  Do you have stropts.h on your
system, and is it a Linux box?  Linux doesn't have streams, so it's
entirely possible that that header file doesn't get installed under
Linux.