Re: Guname weirdness (Gnome-utils package)

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 01:01:47PM +0200, Ali Abdin wrote:
> The guname program has a problem in gnome-utils-1.0.13
>
> When i run it it starts resizing itself continuosly. The window keeps
> shrinking and expanding rapidly for no reason. I am still able to click on
> stuff inside the window but its very annoying behavior and shouldn't be
> occuring for a program at all. Unfortunately I'm using RPMs at the moment
> and can't get CVS access (too lazy to set-up PPP under linux) so the
> binaries are stripped and have no debugging symbols - The following error
> occurs on the console screen:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 739
> (gtk_container_dequeue_resize_handler): assertion
> `GTK_CONTAINER_RESIZE_PENDING (container)' failed.

Oh my gosh this is great!!!

Well, not great, since it's a bug, but great in that until now I'm the
only one I talked to who saw this bug.

So, let's see if we can find what it is that makes us have this and no
one else.  I'm using the 1.0.50 packages (except for 1.0.51
gnome-core), 1.0.13 gnome-utils, 1.2.5 gtk+ and glib, all compiled by
hand.  What about you?

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "They shout about love but when push
itp@gnu.org | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  comes to shove, they live for things