Re: Guname weirdness (Gnome-utils package)

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 01:01:47PM +0200, Ali Abdin wrote:
> The guname program has a problem in gnome-utils-1.0.13
>
> When i run it it starts resizing itself continuosly. The window keeps
> shrinking and expanding rapidly for no reason. I am still able to click on
> stuff inside the window but its very annoying behavior and shouldn't be
> occuring for a program at all. Unfortunately I'm using RPMs at the moment

Hi...

I can coerce the behavior from guname. It doesn't occur when I open the
window, but if I drag the separator between "Category" and "Your System"
just a bit to the right, it behaves as you describe.

I've got gnome-utils-1.0.50, gnome-libs-1.0.50, gtk+-1.2.5 compiled from
tarballs.

I think the resize warnings might be a red herring. A patch floated
across gtk-devel-list the other day that addressed the problem causing
those warnings. I've applied it but can still get the resizing problem.

Anyhow, I don't have the time (or knowledge, but I try not to let that
stop me) to pursue this, especially since it doesn't happen for me unless I
force it.

It looks like the magic location is the point where the clist's
horizontal scroll bar should appear. You might try moving the separator
a bit to the left or right to see if the window stops resizing.

Hope this helps.
Sam Hunter <shunter@bigsky.net>