Glade/Libglade question

I've recently been playing around with glade and libglade to see just
how quickly one *can* develop an interface, and I must say that I'm
impressed, particularly with the concept behind libglade.  I've run
into a slight problem, though, in translating the examples to new
projects.

Specifically, the examples included in the libglade-0.7 distribution
(for example, example.glade) show the ability to connect one dialog
box to a signal emitted by another interface element.  For example,
in example.glade, selecting the Help | About menu item pops up the
AboutDialog dialog box.

I can see where that is indicated in the XML file, but I can't figure
out how to do that in glade itself: on the Signals tab, I can connect
the menu item's activate signal to the gtk_widget_show handler, but I
don't see any way to indicate what object should be the argument.

Obviously, I could edit the glade file by hand, but that seems to
defeat the purpose of a UI builder.  Any ideas?  (I'm using glade
0.5.3 and libglade 0.7, from gurulabs rpm's).

Thanks for any help.

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999

NOTE: My address steintr@avnet.org will stop working soon... Use one
of the current alternatives listed above!