Re: Integrate VMware and Gnome - continued

Chris,

> Two solutions I can think of would be to have the "hook" program
> installed in the default gnome session
What are the files that specify the default hook session? I haven't
found them.

> (not a good solution for users
> that already exist).
Yes. And that is my biggest problem. How to handle users that already
exist. That's why I need a hook when the Gnome session starts.

> Or, your installer will need to go through all of
> the ~/.gnome/session files and insert the hook program directly
> (they're just plain text files, so it should be pretty easy to insert
> a new entry.
That is not doable, due to permission problems with root vs. NFS and
things like that.

Thanks for your answer,
--
Regis "HPReg" Duchesne - Member of Technical Staff - VMWare, Inc.
        www              http://www.VMware.com/