Re: Gnome-core

George wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 09:27:09PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> > That seems to work, but I don't know much about the panel code so it may
> > not be a good idea.
>
> Actually, now that I'm looking at the code, it's definately wrong and it
> shouldn't actually work.

It does work. I've just upgraded to gnome-core 1.0.53 and it stops the problem
there as well. (Have you been able to reproduce the problem?)

> Shown alloc is the allocation of a normally shown panel, if you notice it
> gets set it size allocate by getting the position of where the shown panel
> should be, and then the real allocation is modified if we are hidden.

I think that's incorrect. I think shown_alloc also takes the shown/hidden
states into account.

Just before shown_alloc is set, snapped_widget_get_pos() or
corner_widget_get_pos() is called, which change the x and y coords according
to the shown/hidden state of the panel.

Though the code is a bit confusing so I'm not 100% sure my fix is correct and
won't cause other problems.

Damon