Removing a child from an MDI: question

Hello,

I've a couple of question for people knowledgeable about GNOME's MDI.
Here is my situation:

 I'm building a GNOME GUI for an application I'm working on and I've
 used MDI to allow easy handling of multiple documents in the same
 application.

 I'm using MDI in MODAL mode and when I remove a child from the MDI
 there is no child/view selected by default, so I have to select it
 "by hand" by using the MDI menu.

QUESTION:

 Is there a way to have a new child/view selected automatically when
 the current active child/view is removed?

QUESTION:

 I personnally consider that the current behavior is buggy, may I
 submit a bug for this, or do the people in the know consider it to
 be right?

Let me know if you need more details about this.

Thanks in advance, Laurent.
--
Laurent.Gauthier@gothic.remcomp.fr +;+ ``Keep it simple: as simple as possible,
             at home               ;:;   but no simpler.''