gmc [+] signs in tree view

Hi!
gmc looks great, but unfortunately is is almost unusable on the system I
am working on.

We have all of the users' accounts on an nfs server divided up by year.
Each year there are about 150 new users.
The structure is something like.

/users/
  98/
    user98-001
    user98-150
  99/
    user99-001
    user99-150

The problem is that when gmc is started in a user's home directory, it
has to check all other users home directories for subdirectories to know
if it should place a [+] before the entry in the tree. It also has to
add 150 items to the tree. I suspect that the thing slowing this down is
the checking of the directories via nfs.

The same problem applies when using ftp and looking in big directories.

I would really like to se an option to turn this search of and just
display a [+] on all directories, and when a [+] is clicked on, the
search is done.

I'll look into it. Comments?

	n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.

PGP signature