Re: Working with CVS

> I don't know of a clean way to have two GNOME installations when one of
> them is in the system directory (prefix=/usr).

It should be possible, and reasonably clean to have your own copy
of auto*, etc in the local gnome tree, and put those in your path
first.  And then you have to build/install everything as well, although
for debugging (e.g. gnome-libs) its possible to make/install into say
/usr/local, with the system version in /usr, and test by redirecting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

 Michael