Re: goad status

> 1. check the NAMESERVER variable for an IOR (Or maby a file that contains
> an IOR?)

I would just stick the IOR there.

> 2. check X as a fallback because NAMESERVER might not transfer. It is
> still ok because if you start a nameserver on the remote machine, it
> will use that due to the environment variable being read first.

I want to kill this, or at least make it one of the last options and
probably do it in a shared library module (to avoid linking at all
with -lX11).

> 3. Fall back on /tmp/orbit-$user/name-server-ior. This will allow a user
> to place a remote IOR by hand in it (if so inclined)

No.  This file should be setup by the name server itself.  It should
write the IOR there atomically.  This is the well-known location for
all servers on the system for the user.

It is important to make this the 2nd option, as we want daemons
running on behalf of the user to be launched on demand (pilot sync
daemons and conduits as well as the web-based mail and calendar
services using our corba servers).

Miguel.