Re: gnome-socket API proposal

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Isn't there a gnome_ftp (or something like that, as part of the gftp
> app) API? I think this could also be included in this libgnomenet. And
> what about libghttp as well? or is it totally independent of gnome/glib?

Chris Blizzard has been trying to get people to use libwww instead of
libghttp, libghttp is somewhat deprecated. gnomenet could maybe have a
convenience interface or something to merge libwww with the main loop, I
dunno if that would be useful.

We could always start with a small library and add stuff later. gnome-libs
could stand to be made up of many small libraries, since apps could then
avoid linking unnecessary code.

Havoc