Re: gnome-socket API proposal

On that note, I have a partially working set of routines that integrate
libwww into the glib mainloop.  I still need to do the HTTimer callback
stuff, but other than that it is working pretty well.

The slightly working code is available in CVS at gnorpm/tests/glibwww.c.
I am also looking at writing a constructor that will only intitialise the
parts of libwww required to do downloads (not worrying about parsing html
and stuff) with different protocols.  This may also be useful in a
gnome-net library.

Also, for a good libwww wraper, we would probably also want to provide an
implementation of libwww's alerts that use GTK dialogs.  This would mean
we could provide an interface like:
  gnome_load_url(gchar *url, gchar *outfile,
                 void (*complet_cb)(gchar *url, gpointer user_data),
                 gpointer user_data);

And it would handle showing dialogs for the user to enter authentication
info for the remote server if necessary, and maybe even a progress bar to
show how far the download has gone.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au