[ANNOUNCE] GNOME 1.0.40 RPMs

I have created RPMs/SRPMs of GNOME 1.0.40 (which is a beta of the next
major GNOME release).  These RPMs include RedHat patches for better
integration on a RH box.  As Elliot said, now is your chance to find any
remaining bugs.  If you find a problem, use the "gnome-bug" to report it.
I've banged and tested these RPMs quite a bit, hopefully there are no
"packaging bugs", if you do find one, send me an email.

I don't suggest upgrading these RPMs from inside of GNOME, rather, make
sure X isn't running (at the console/remotely while box is in runlevel 3).

Overall, I've found 1.0.40 to be extremely stable and polished.  The GNOME
developers deserve many kudos.

ftp://ftp.gurulabs.com/pub/gnome/updates/1.0.40
ftp://ftp.gurulabs.com/pub/gnome/updates/1.0.40/SRPMS

New additions:

ORBit-0.4.95
audiofile-0.1.9
control-center-1.0.40
ee-0.3.10
esound-0.2.14
gdm-2.0beta3
glade-0.5.3
glib-1.2.5
gnome-core-1.0.41
gnome-libs-1.0.40
gnome-media-1.0.41
gnome-objc-1.0.40
gnome-pim-1.0.10
gnome-print-0.8
gnome-python-1.0.4
gnome-utils-1.0.13
gnumeric-0.38
gtk+-1.2.5
gtk---1.0.2
gtk-engines-0.7
imlib-1.9.7
libghttp-1.0.4
libglade-0.6
libgtop-1.0.4
mc-4.5.39
xchat-1.2.1

Additional required RPMs

pam-0.68
indent-1.9.1
extace-1.2.2

I built these on a RedHat 6.0 box (glibc 2.1), so if you have RedHat 5.x
(glibc2.0) you might want to get the SRPM file instead and do:

rpm --rebuild SRPMFILE, and then:
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/NEWRPMFILE(s)

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs