Re: Information Applet Thingy

That is exactly what I wanted to write for some time but haven't yet gotten
to it. (And I forgot about it:) Basically just an internal applet, that would
itself contain small icon (22 or so pixels squares, which it could tile in
any way). Basically I would just add a simple CORBA interface with which the
applet would call up the panel and give it an Xwindow to swallow. Then the
app could just do whatever it wanted to do inside there (most likely put an
icon and define some actions on click or a menu or whatnot)

The advantage of this is that no state of these things would be stored in the
panel and it would be more dynamic then applets which are sort of more of a
permanent thing, rather then strictly dynamic.

I'll maybe work out a prototype this week.

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: