ORBIT speed

Hi guys.

In an attempt to make a standard media framework, I am looking into the different component solutions, and have a few question that i hope you could help answer:

* What is the overhead of a CORBA call when both caller and server are running on the same machine ?

* How well suited is CORBA for handling large data streams (> 1 MB) ?

* How does bonobo affect the above questions ?

Anyways, I hope some of you guys can help me...

Nicholas