Re: gnome_config

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> Rodrigo Moya <rmoya@tsai.es> writes:
> > does this mean that all the config stuff will be written in XML? or that
> > XML will be one of the supported formats?
> >

> As far as I know, no one actually has plans to implement anything
> other than gnome_config.

I'll point out that Havoc himself has actually designed and
implemented a very nice system with GConf, which is the
replacement for GnomeConfig.

What I think he was saying was that "nobody has plans to implement
anything suitable for GLib." GConf requires ORBit and OAF, and is thus
not suitable for a base library like GLib.

Regards,
                                        Owen