Re: A Scrollable Box Widget

Ian Campbell wrote:

> I think I haven't explained what I want to do quite well enough. What I am
> trying to do is make a nice message display widget for Balsa. A message is
> displayed in several sections:
>
> The headers, a GtkText,
> The content of the selected part, might be a GtkText or a GtkPixmap -
> eventually even a GtkHTML etc.
> The MIME parts list, a gnome icon list.
>
> I want to have all three of these scroll together, using a single scrollbar.

I see what you are doing as this:

+---------------------------+-+
| Message 10                |^|
| Message 11                |#|
| Message 12                |#|
+---------------------------+#|
| Approx-midway-through-msg |#|
|                           |O|
|                           |#|
|                           |#|
+---------------------------+#|
|                           |#|
| Approx-midway-through-    |#|
| icon-list                 |v|

So when you scroll along the bar, the message, the icons, and the
headers all scroll. Is this correct?

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill