Re: Intro to GNOME and the FSF

Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang@ultim.net> writes:

> Why would we care about marketing guys as we (and GNU/Linux vendors
> such as Redhat, etc...) are doing our own "marketing"?

One of "our" goals (SuSE's) is cooperation; misusing a project like
GNOME for propaganda wouldn't be helpful.  TeX and/or XFree86 are worth
to have a look at.

> Nonetheless, I suggest you strongly to read carefully the philosophy
> pages on www.fsf.org. It will help you understand what the issues are
> regarding the GNU project, the GNOME project, etc...

Yes, but this doesn't imply that the GNOME Project has to explain the
GNU Project and the goals of other interested parties.  I hope you'll
see the point.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o