eog Link problems.

Hi, just trying out eog but ran into these compiler issues:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused   -o eog
commands.o cursors.o gtkscrollframe.o image.o image-view.o main.o stock.o
tb-image.o ui-image.o uta.o util.o window.o zoom.o -rdynamic -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk
-lgmodule -lXext -lX11 -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb1
-lglib -ldl
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -o eog commands.o cursors.o gtkscrollframe.o
image.o image-view.o main.o stock.o tb-image.o ui-image.o uta.o util.o
window.o zoom.o -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl
-lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lXext -lX11 -lgnome
-lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb1 -lglib -ldl
image.o: In function `image_unref':
/home/njh/eog-0.3/src/image.c:91: undefined reference to
`gdk_pixbuf_unref'
/home/njh/eog-0.3/src/image.c:91: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24
gdk_pixbuf_unref
<Lots more relocation truncated type errors removed>

I haven't looked deeply at the gnu linking tools and have no idea what
these errors mean.  (I've also never seen this error on ppc before)
Gdk_pixbuf compiled without error or warning.

Does anyone have an easy answer, or has the time come for me to learn
the linker?

njh

p.s. gripe:  Why is there so much code duplication in gnome?  We have ref
counting code reimplemented in at least gtk and gdk_pixbuf.  We have
something like 5 different pixel image data types(GdkImage, GdkPixmap,
GdkRGB, Gdk_pixbuf, imlib, ArtPix...).  There are lots more examples I
can't think of/don't know about.  Is there any move to consolidate
these(or is there a fundamental reason not to?)?