Re: Does the bug tracker actually work?

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 05:59:15PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

[debbugs]

> The main problem is just that the implementation is really
> pretty bad, and it isn't backended by a database. It gets really
> inefficient for sufficiently large number of bugs, and it is not
> code you'd want to try and fix.

OK, so what is needed to switch to eg. Bugzilla?  Nobody has yet has
spoken out in favour of keeping Debbugs, although it has been suggested
that flaky hardware may be part of the problem.

Is better hardware available if we switch to Bugzilla?

I have already said that I can put some time into shifting existing bugs
out of debbugs.  I've installed Bugzilla on my machine to have a fiddle,
but I don't have a working version of debbugs.  Is there any chance of
getting access to bugs.gnome.org so that I can see what is needed to get
the bugs out of there?

cheers,

Paul