Re: Idea re: Palms, gnome & event alarms

"Scott D. Webster" wrote:

> Gnome Meisters,
>
>         I have an idea (a suggestion really) that I want to toss in the ring
> here and see what becomes of it.  I received a Palm III for Christmas
> and have been following Gnome PIM, and Gnome Pilot development since
> then.  Recently I though of something that I think would be very usefull
> for Gnome PIM (and eventually Evolution) and Gnome Pilot users - an
> alarm daemon.  It would be great to have a separate, small program that
> would monitor the the event alarm configuration of datebook data and
> generate some form of alarm at the proper time without requiring
> gnomecal or evolution to be running at the time.

	Err...  I  forgot to mention that a possible alternative to a daemon
would be an interface to export event alarms to cron and/or at.

--
Scott D. Webster             mailto:SWebster@EtcServices.com
Etc Services                      http://www.EtcServices.com
Voice: 201.439.1900                      Pager: 800.379.2402
              Linux, UNIX, Internet Technology,
              & Open Source Software Consulting
begin:vcard
n:Webster;Scott
tel;pager:800-379-2402
tel;fax:413-674-2154
tel;work:201-439-1900
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.EtcServices.com
org:Etc Services
adr:;;31 N. Vivyen St.;Bergenfield;NJ;07621-1529;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:swebster@etcservices.com
title:Owner
note:Linux, Unix & TCP/IP Networking Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:;-30848
fn:Scott D. Webster
end:vcard