Idea re: Palms, gnome & event alarms

Gnome Meisters,

	I have an idea (a suggestion really) that I want to toss in the ring
here and see what becomes of it.  I received a Palm III for Christmas
and have been following Gnome PIM, and Gnome Pilot development since
then.  Recently I though of something that I think would be very usefull
for Gnome PIM (and eventually Evolution) and Gnome Pilot users - an
alarm daemon.  It would be great to have a separate, small program that
would monitor the the event alarm configuration of datebook data and
generate some form of alarm at the proper time without requiring
gnomecal or evolution to be running at the time.

--
Scott D. Webster             mailto:SWebster@EtcServices.com
Etc Services                      http://www.EtcServices.com
Voice: 201.439.1900                      Pager: 800.379.2402
              Linux, UNIX, Internet Technology,
              & Open Source Software Consulting
begin:vcard
n:Webster;Scott
tel;pager:800-379-2402
tel;fax:413-674-2154
tel;work:201-439-1900
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.EtcServices.com
org:Etc Services
adr:;;31 N. Vivyen St.;Bergenfield;NJ;07621-1529;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:swebster@etcservices.com
title:Owner
note:Linux, Unix & TCP/IP Networking Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:;-30848
fn:Scott D. Webster
end:vcard