Re: Print Status Applet

Sean :
	A better place to discuss this kind of stuff is
the : gnome-print@helixcode.com list.

	I am fowarding this message to the list. We really
do need a "status indicator" for the printer status, but it
has to be integrated into gnome-print. This will allow us to
do more cool stuff, like click the applet and configure the
printer and stuff like that. The problem with the other
print tools in gnome is that they are not integrated to GnomePrint
as they should be. I am fowarding this message to the list.

Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Tell me, what do you think the usefulness of an applet that displays
> printer status is?  The print applet is very limited.. I was think of
> using the code from Print-rabbit and adding a small status indicator to
> printer applet, along with an option to open Print-rabbit.  I keep
> trying to convert people from Windows, and they always point out one
> thing or another Linux/UNIX doesn't have.  The latest such thing I've
> heard is the lack of print tools.  Gnome-print takes care of one half...

	. We do need a "status indicator" for the printer status,
but it has to be integrated into gnome-print. This will allow us to
do more cool stuff, like click the applet and configure the
printer and stuff like that. The problem with the other
print tools in gnome is that they are not integrated to GnomePrint
as they should be.

> I was also thinking of perhaps simply making a status-docklet for
> Print-rabbit.  That might be more useful.  Is it possible to be able to
> drag'n'drop to a docklet?  I haven't dug around much in the code for
> docklets yet...  Nor applets...
>
> I want to do something useful for GNOME... The update program I was

We can use your help in gnome-print. !