GOB + Language Bindings.

I was playing around with GOB, and I had a really cool idea. (IMHO :)
GOB is used to generate all the harry GTK object code needed to create
an object, freeing up the developer to just fill in the blanks. The GOB
file contains basicly the API of the object being created. Since it
contains this information, couldn't it be used not only to create the
stub object, but also the language bindings for the object? GTK itself
is mostly GTK objects. If GOB files were created for each widget, it
could be ran through a progi to generate almost all of the binding
automaticly. Only functions like gtk_main() and such would have to be
bound by hand. (binding the few remaining functions could even be done
with SWIG). From what I have seen, creating new QT widgets is fairly
simple compared to GTK. But with a system like I described above,
someone wanting to make a new widget just makes a GOB file, fills in the
blanks in the code, and runs it through the gob-bindings. Not only would
it create the C widget, it would also automaticly create the language
bindings for the widget. The author wouldn't even need to know the
language. It would then be simpler to create GTK objects then under QT.
:)

Comments?

Bob Smith