Re: Directories/Files

Sean Middleditch <sean.middleditch@iname.com> writes:

> Hmm, I've never used an Amiga, but that sounds a bit nice.  How does the
> system differentiate between the labels and actualy directories?

Labels had colons, and acted just like drive labels on MS-DOS except
that they could have more than one letter and you could cd to them.
8^)  It didn't really differentiate between disk labels and assign
labels (the ones you could point anywhere) which was great so that if
you copied a disk to your HD, you could just set an assign and it
would work.

78 days, 1 hours, 11 minutes, 36 seconds till we run away.
Earth Destroyed by Solar Flare -- film clips at eleven.