Re: More Political Stuff

Matthew Berg <galt@gothpoodle.com> writes:

> Ummm, I haven't had an X or Gnome crash in over 6 months.  Not to say that
> you might not have issues, but I would be prone to suspect hardware and/or
> configuration issues.

X crashes are highly linked to the video driver you're using.  Some
drivers just aren't as stable yet as others.  I've had X crash about
10 times in the past week.  This is because I'm on a Rage Mobility
128, and support for that is very new and immature, and playing with
vmware seems to tickle some bug when it tries fullscreen mode.

These crashes are generally not configuration or hardware problems, or
anything the user has done wrong at all, just that the driver is buggy.

77 days, 23 hours, 19 minutes, 31 seconds till we run away.
You will pioneer the first Martian colony.