Re: Directories/Files

Vince Hodges wrote:

> I this using advFS once (badly) and would be pretty straight forward
> to do a gnome-vfs handle to do the same thing.  I think it needs to go
> deeper than that though, ie the shell needs to be aware of these
> logical assignments.  And is it really necessary?  Symbolic links more
> or less do the same thing.

Well, the thing that prompted my original reminiscence was that the
Amiga's user-defined logical volumes appear automatically in file
dialogs alongside the physical ones, which isn't really the case with
symbolic links.  And that's the sort of functionality that Sean was
musing about in the original post...

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
Calum Benson               Tel: +353 1 819 9771
Usability Engineer         Fax: +353 1 819 9078