Re: Directories/Files

    Sri> [snip]

    Sri> Shell expansion I understand.  In fact, I have such a
    Sri> variable as you've defined in your example.  But what you
    Sri> propose needs to be done at the shell level.

I'm not sure what I proposed anymore :)...  I thought we were
discussing how to add a shortcuts mechanism to gnome-vfs.  Please
correct me if I misunderstand (likly :).

    Sri> [snip]

    Sri> Regardless, even if it's a little overhead there will be
    Sri> overhead.  Adding a feature like this will require some
    Sri> thinking.  It should scale from a crappy Pentium 100, 16MB
    Sri> machine to a Pentium III 900Mhz 128MB machine.

Of course.  Although running gnome on a P100 with 16MB is something I
wouldn't recomend. I had 32MB on a P100 and it was much to slow (circa
gnome ver .25 or so).

--
Vince Hodges                             "Beware geeks bearing diffs"
vhodges@home.com