Re: Decoupling GNOME Office?

> > Will gnome-db be used as a backend for evolution?
> >
> I talked once with Miguel about this, and he said it was a good idea, so
> yes, it will. Another thing that's being discussed on the gnome-db list
> is the other way round. That is, to have a gnome-db provider (providers
> in gnome-db are CORBA servers which talk to a specific database server)
> to access evolution data, that is mail, calendar, contacts, etc.

Now that would be very interesting.  I'd like to see that happen from a
user point of view.  This would require that you have well defined
interfaces in order to share the data.  Thats quite difficult.  You'd have
to up soem documentation to define what those interfaces would be for new
office components.

BTW we seem to be cross-posting to like n lists.  Can we consolidate this
conversation to just one list?

	sri