Re: spec files?

Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Are there any established standards for creating spec files (the
> "instructions" for RPM packaging, if you will) in gnome CVS?  I notice that
> there's a great disparity in how the spec files are maintained, and some of
> the design decisions therein.  If there aren't any standards, should I
> propose some here?
>         Greg

Please do. I've knocked up and/or maintained a few of the GNOME
specfiles whilst I've been trying to build and install stuff out of CVS.
Generally, I've just copied the specfile from gnome-core and adapted it
for the particular module, but I imagine there is probably a lot more
that can be done to make them more similar, IYSWIM.

Regards,

--
Ross

Youth motivates change, while maturity forms stability.