Re: Fitts's Law, or do you _really_ know how to make a good UI?

>And what about my little "make buttons and applets flush with screen
>edge" patch?  It sounds like it would be much easier to impliment than
>the menubar issue.  AFAIK, the "applet padding" just shouldn't apply to
>the applets at the edges of the panel, right?

The panel's border is distinctly weird - I have applet padding set to 0, and
if the panel has a pixmap background the buttons are flush with the screen
edge. If it has a colour background, they are 1 pixel away from the screen
edge (can't be hit by "throwing" the mouse pointer into the corner). I had a
quick look at the panel code and couldn't find a reason for this - is it a
GTK engines thing? It would be nice to get rid of the border in all cases.

Michael Rogers