Re: Fitts's Law, or do you _really_ know how to make a good UI?

Michael ROGERS <M.Rogers@cs.ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> >And what about my little "make buttons and applets flush with screen
> >edge" patch?  It sounds like it would be much easier to impliment than
> >the menubar issue.  AFAIK, the "applet padding" just shouldn't apply to
> >the applets at the edges of the panel, right?
>
> The panel's border is distinctly weird - I have applet padding set to 0, and
> if the panel has a pixmap background the buttons are flush with the screen
> edge. If it has a colour background, they are 1 pixel away from the screen
> edge (can't be hit by "throwing" the mouse pointer into the corner). I had a
> quick look at the panel code and couldn't find a reason for this - is it a
> GTK engines thing? It would be nice to get rid of the border in all cases.

If you have a development panel, you can make the buttons flush with the
edge for color/standard backgrounded panels.

It's in the Buttons tab in global preferences, IIRC.

Jacob
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
 proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth