Re: gnome issues with Tru64

Havoc,

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 12:51:33AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Wow, now that was a seriously good bug report. We often get whining
> about "GNOME doesn't work on my platform when will it work" and since
> we don't have the platform or know anything about it there's not much
> to be done. In the future we can respond to all such posts with "check
> out Aron's mail in the archives and come back with something like
> that." :-)

Thanks for the encouragment.  (Also thanks to George for responding
with a number of fixes.)  I'm going to work on producing reports like
this for some of the other packages.  These past few days have been
swamped at work so I haven't gotten to it yet.

What packages should I concentrate on next?  I rigged up a CVS
snapshot mechanism so that I should be able to usually work on sources
that < 24 hours old, despite the firewall here.  So far I've looked at

    gnome-core
    gnome-applets
    gdk-pixbuf

Also, how interested are you in warnings?  All the packages produce
copious warnings when compiled with DECC.  I haven't looked into them
too much because most of the problems have been in compilation, not
execution.

Aron

--
Aron Griffis            Compaq Computer Corporation, ZKO3-3/T30
Tru64 Hardware Support  110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua, NH  03062