Re: GDM

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris McKillop <cdm@debian.org> writes:

Chris> 	I just started using gdm the other week and I found a feature
Chris> I wanted to add to it and figured that this would be the best
Chris> way to "get into" coding for Gnome.  I put my change into gdm
Chris> and I contacted the author to find out who to send a patch to,
Chris> but he seems to not be replying to email.

<rant>
Erm. You mailed me yesterday. You can't expect people to reply within
10 minutes all the time. Some of us have day jobs...
</rant>

Chris> Anyone know who is "in charge" of gdm these days?

I am.

Anyways...

Chris> Oh, my hack is to get the Face Browser to only show faces of
Chris> those people that have provided thier own face (ie: no default
Chris> faces).  It is really handy if you have a lot of people with
Chris> account but only a few of them actually log in via X.

Yes. I think it's an excellent idea. Send me patches :)

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://SunSITE.auc.dk/~mkp/