Re: gnome issues with Tru64

Aron Griffis <agriffis@bigfoot.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 12:43:07PM -0800, George wrote:
> > Yes, send a mail again to gnome-devel with your report on the 1.1.2
> > when it comes out.  We're very interested in it working correctly on
> > other platforms, and hopefully by 1.2, you'll be able to
> > ./configure; make; make install :)
>
> Here are the issues persistent with GNOME on Tru64 UNIX as of 1.1.2.
>
> (2) config.h requires the following patch after running ./configure.
>     Both int64_t and u_int64_t are present in
>     /usr/include/sys/bitypes.h, so the defines in config.h break
>     compilation.

Hello,

Is this <sys/bitypes.h> or <sys/bittypes.h> ?

I put some little patch with a better configure check here:

	ftp://ftp.home-of-linux.org/pub/patches/libgtop-types-tru64.diff

Can you please try it out and tell me whether it works ?

> (4) modemlights does not compile, due to problems with ifreq.  I
>     started to investigate, but got distracted by work and ended up
>     just commenting it out from the Makefile for re-investigation at a
>     later date.

Eeek .... this looks like this old problem to me.

The modemlights applet uses some system dependent code directly which should
better be in LibGTop to be portable (and which, actually, is in LibGTop now -
but in the developer version).

In near future (when I have a stable version of LibGTop's HEAD) I'll
conditionally use LibGTop directly there and later totally remove this code.

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org