Re: LibGTop 1.1.5 "Sidney" (Developer's Snapshot) has been released

Aron Griffis <agriffis@bigfoot.com> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 04:58:14AM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > LibGTop 1.1.5 "Sidney" has been released.
> >
> > This is a developer's snapshot and should not been used by end-users.
> > However, if you want to help with LibGTop's development or just help me to
> > find some bugs, feel free to try it out ....
>
> I am finally giving this a try on Tru64.  Sorry about the wait.  Here
> are the issues I see:

Hello Aron,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

> (1) I see that you have a new test for /usr/include/sys/bitypes.h,
>     however I don't think it has found its way from
>     ./macros/gnome-libgtop-check.m4 into ./configure.  My attempts to
>     transfer it didn't work either, since I am not that well versed in
>     automake/autoconf, so I think a new release needs to be made with
>     that remedied.

Ooops ... forgot this.

>     sysdeps/osf1/open.c includes the following chain of headers, at
>     the end of which is sys/bitypes.h, which conflicts with the above
>     definitions.

I added it to <glibtop/global.h> where we also include other system header
files.

> (2) Please upgrade to libtool-1.3.4, which supports shared libraries
>     on Tru64 UNIX 5.x.
>
> 	ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.3.4.tar.gz
>
>     The workaround is to install libtool-1.3.4 locally, and do
>
> 	cp /usr/local/share/libtool/* .
>
>     before running configure.

Well, normally the release tarballs already contain a local libtool.

However, I made the tarball on a Debian potato system and this has still
1.3.3. I have now 1.3.4 installed in /gnome/release/INSTALL (which is in
my PATH before /usr) so it should work for the next release.

> I am working on patches for sysdeps/osf1 to work properly on Tru64,
> but they are not ready yet.

Cool!

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org