Re: Q: Change a Gnome Widget

Andreas Sliwka <goff@nef.wh.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 10:39:26AM -0600, Kent Schumacher wrote:
> > In GNOME 1.0 you'd add a setting to gnome-preferences.h; Then
> > gnome_calculator_new() would have to return a different-behaving widget
> > based on those settings.
> How would I do this? Please be more specific as I dont know so much about
> gnome-preferences.h ...

Well there's no point doing it, since we can't add new features to
gnome-libs 1.0. If you want to do it locally, look at the many
examples already in gnome-preferences.[ch].

I've thought about it more and I think the "standard" way to have
user-configurable elements like this is to make them Bonobo components
instead of plain widgets. Then the programmer asks for the component
by name and gets whichever one users have chosen.

Havoc