Some general facts about panel and gnome

 I know this should go to some gnome-users list or such, but I decided
against it in the end! I am talking about the latest october-gnome!

 Fact 1: There should a recent accessed-modified document sub-menu.
This is implemented in Windows and is a good idea! This sub-menu is of
course a gnome_private thing. It should of course be created by gmc or
its descendant with mime-types and all!

 Fact 2: The panel as it is right now is either below or above other
windows! When above, dialogs can be partially hidden. When below
(normal thing by the way) and you use a drawer, the drawer will always
be below. This is bad!

 Fact 3: There should be a device manager for God's sake! Either we do
it, or I will go beg kernel developers to make one (as they did with
make xconfig), however it will probably be Tcl/Tk and not Gnome! I
already suggested that but no one even discussed it!

 Fact 4: Either tell enlightenment (best window manager in my opinion)
folks to be compliant or fork if you wanna keep it as default gnome
window manager! Someone with good window manager knowledge should do
it! I have yet to see another decent window manager for gnome that is
at least not completely ugly! We NEED a default 100% compatible window
manager by default. Other are welcome to comply if they wish!

  Fact 5: I don't know if this redhat's problem or gnome's. It's the
file manager! I know you guys are re-writing it from scratch. Anyway,
avoid the following problem: I keep setting my zip drive icon in the
gmc icon link on my desktop along with other 'disk' icons. Except that
cdrom is not there. That's ok with me, but each time I mount a CDROM,
all devices are re-scanned and all their icons are reset to default.
THIS IS BAD!

 Fact 6: Gnome is simply beautiful! The prettiest panel, icons out
there! Keep it that way.

 Fact 7: We need to talk to several software vendors to make their
stuff support gnome one way or the other! Example: staroffice can plug
itself in KDE and CDE. They should do the same with gnome. Same thing
goes to other major software makers. This is called PR, and either
everybody, RedHat, Helix... must do it!

 Have fun, and thank you for your patience!

 H. Aurag