Re: An Idea...

>   We need universal mechanism to convert text/graphics data
> to file, which can be simply sent to MY CONCRETE PRINTER, and
> my printer will print what I want.

That is being done as part of the "gnome-print" project.

We do have a Postscript imaging model that provides a way to plug in
real "rasterizers" (yes, we do all the hard work, and we pass just a
bitmap that needs to be sent to the printer).

If you are interested in working on this, drop me a line.

Applications that use gnome-print will have this feature automatically
enabled (currently Gnumeric, Sodi Podi and Evolutions's calendar use
it).

Best wishes,
Miguel.