Re: Python Update Program

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 02:36:46PM -0700, eeyem@u.washington.edu wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 05:50:17PM -0400, Sean Thomas Middleditch wrote:
>> Um, I have a regular expression that parses a filename into
>> packege/version/type (.tar.gz, .i386.rpm).

Flames from Debian-lovers aside :-), you could look at
the "file" command -- maybe you could extend that to do what
you need, and then either call it externally, or, if there
isn't one already, make a libfile.a you can link to.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam@holoweb.net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh on irc.sorcery.net http://valinor.sorcery.net/