Re: Python Update Program

eeyem@u.washington.edu wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 05:50:17PM -0400, Sean Thomas Middleditch wrote:
> > Um, I have a regular expression that parses a filename into
> > packege/version/type (.tar.gz, .i386.rpm).  I need to add more types
> > (like .deb, .apt, etc.) but I don't know most of them, and I'm unsure if
> > they have mutliple 'parts' like RPM's (as in the .i586, .src and so on)
> Debian already has an excellent system for updating software automatically,
> so I doubt you'll need to support .debs.

Ya, I know.  Like I said, I'm not gonna write a debian module.  I don't have a
debian system to mess with.  If someone else wants to write one, that's great
though.

> <flamebait>Have fun emulating it with one of the inferior systems,
> though.</flamebait>

<noflame>I could just hack at the debian utils to make them work with RPMs...
although I'd then need a huge database of RPMs for it to work off of... Well,
then again, doesn't rpm-find utility basically do what apt-get does?  Or am I
mistaken (more than likely)...</noflame>

Sean Middleditch