Re: gnome-libs man pages.

La plume légère, à Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 09:54:32AM +0800, heure d'inpiration,
Ian McKellar écrivait en ces mots:

> FrameMaker+SGML, however if you don't have several thousand dollars this
> might not be an option :-(

FrameMaker is *not* a software for which you have the freedom to
modify, adapt, fix bug neither distribute (for a fee of for free) or learn
from. Hence it is not a free program and is definitely NOT an option.

> I hear Emacs is a really good SGML editor too, but it isn't WYSIWYG.

But it is one of the most beautiful program which the Free Software
Community has produced.
Its learning curve is quite harsh for the first days. But the light is shining
not very far from the beginning of the learning road. After a few months,
it's like living in paradise.

> SGML can be converted to HTML on the fly. Also its impossible to search HTML
> intelligently.

HTML is actually a subset of SGML. (same for DocBook)

But please, stop advertising for proprietary software on this list.
Advertising free software helps build a better world, advertising proprietary
ones helps build an aleniated world.

Wolfgang
--
A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.