Re: Gnome text subsystems

Petr Tomasek <tomasek@etf.cuni.cz> writes:

> Well, I'm not sure whether I understand it well, but it seems to me, that
> th HZ algorithm just stertches _all_ glyphs in the same ratio (on the same
> line of course).

That may be true (I don't know the HZ algorithm) but from reading the
readme at the sample page, it looks like Thanh's work can stretch on a
glyph-by-glyph basis: exactly what you're asking for.  (Well, part
two, upon rereading.  I don't think it can substitute different glyphs
for the same character, although I bet you could do it through
ligatures.)

163 days, 2 hours, 7 minutes, 11 seconds till we run away.
Old programmers never die, they just hit account block limit.