GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON problem

I'm using glade to develop a little app for personal use.=20
I'm on Red Hat 6.2.  My libraries are installed from
Helix-Code, installed from rpm and are current as of this
morning.  gtk+-1.2.8-0,  gtk+-1.2.8-0.   I
keep segfaulting out when I compile the following code and
run my program:

/**************************************/
#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#  include <config.h>
#endif

#include <gnome.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <linux/unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <dirent.h>

#include "callbacks.h"
#include "interface.h"
#include "support.h"
#include "pim.h"
#include "string.h"

(some other functions)

void select_item (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data) {
  GtkWidget *user_done;=3D20

(other declarations)

    user_done =3D3D lookup_widget (GTK_WIDGET (widget), "done1");
    gtk_toggle_button_set_active (GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON(user_done), FALSE);

(the rest of the program which includes looking up and using
other widgets and has nothing to do with the toggle button)

  }
/***************************************/

The toggle button is constructed by glade in interface.c
with the default code.  The rest of the widgets which I'm
looking up perform as expected.

When I comment the gtk_toggle_button_set_active statement
out, everything else works fine. The program runs normally
except. for the toggle button widget.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom

Quote of the day for May 19th, 2000

He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool,=3D20
He that dares not reason is a slave.

William Drummond